Thursday, October 31, 2019

Homework 6: Everyone Is Altered

I was blown away by how much retouching goes into the movie industry. I understood it was happening on a conceptual level, but not the nitty gritty details. I think it's heartbreaking: in many ways, an actor's own body and face become costumes he wears. This is especially true when you think about how faces and bodies can be swapped with (relative) ease. I thought it was wild that the unnamed actress who was "10 times more famous than Kim Kardashian" got a simple home video of her birthday retouched. A birthday home video not even for the public! I wonder how the mental health of these actors and actresses is, to be constantly seeing their beauty-worked images everywhere but in the mirror they see when they wake up. The pressure to always be young and beautiful must be at Mariana Trench-levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment